Rashes, itching, or bumps can indicate various skin conditions, including eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. But recognizing an inflamed, red, or peeling patch of skin is essential to determine the right treatment.
Eczema, aka atopic dermatitis, is a skin condition common in infants but can affect any age group and anywhere on the body due to hypersensitivity reactions. Eczema tends to inherit.
- Dry, scaly, inflamed skin with itching
- Skin flushing
- Open, crusted, peeling, or pus-filled blistered
- Climatic changes and dry skin
- Fabrics like silk or wool
- Irritants like dyes, soaps, detergents, perfumes, cosmetics
- Pets fur, house dust mites, pollen, and molds
Treat Eczema with:
- Shea butter and glycerin moisturizers
- Aloe vera gel and coconut oil
- Witch hazel, colloidal oatmeal, and sunflower oil
- 2. Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune disorder that damages healthy skin cells. You can have psoriasis at any age.
- Inflamed, red, and severe itchy skin
- Red thick patches with a silver-white crusty top
- Scaly scalp and ridged and pitted nails
- Cold and dry weather conditions
- Cut or scrape injury to the skin
- A poisonous bug-bite
Treat Psoriasis with:
- Salt baths like dead sea salt
- Deep Moisturizing with tea tree oil, argan oil, and emu oil
- Organic skincare products having turmeric, evening promise oil and indigo naturalist.
- 3 Rosacea
Rosacea is a common skin condition with redness and visible blood vessels on the face typically found in fair-complexioned women. It appears with red blushing forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. It often runs in families.
- Patches of dry and rough skin
- Burning and stinging skin
- Broken vessels on eyelids with troubled seeing
- Large pores and swollen red nose
- Spicy foods, hot drinks, and alcoholic beverages
- Extreme temperatures
- Cosmetic products or some blood pressure medications
- Excessive exposure in the sun or wind
Treat Rosacea with:
- Green tea and honey which help soothe the redness
- Essential oils like jasmine, rose, lavender, thyme
- Retinols filled with natural vitamin A & C nutrients
Have questions about how to treat eczema? Please contact us for more information.