Consistent skin care routine can be beneficial and soothing, but it may not last forever. The ingredients in your skincare products become ineffective over time through tachyphylaxis, which means a product loses its efficacy after a certain period of time as your skin adjusts to it so you must switch up your skincare routine for the products to keep working.
Skincare products usually work immediately, but 4-6 weeks regular usage can divulge the full potential results. It is recommended to switch your skincare routine and products every season accordingly.
The following signs indicate when a few changes in skincare routine are due for healthier skin if:
- Reliable products not giving optimum results
- Instead of fixing the issues, you’re breaking out
- Skin is getting too dry or too oily
- If you see redness, blemishes and discoloration
- You’re experiencing burning, irritation or sensitivity
- The sudden appearance of small white and hard bumps of milia
Interested in learning more about how often should I change my skincare routine? Contact us here at XoeP for further details.